Banana Breakfast Muffins
Makes 9 big or 12 medium/small
2 medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Almond Milk (I use unsweetened original)
2 tbsp. light tasting olive oil
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, combine bananas, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients
- stir dry mixture into wet mixture until just combined.
- Spray muffin tins or use liners and divide batter among the cups.
- bake for 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
TIPS: slice your over-ripe bananas and put in Ziploc bags to freeze. Do one banana per bag so you know what the serving size is. I don’t like putting bananas in the freezer still in the peel because when it comes to thawing it can be gross. Microwave your sliced banana to make it soft faster for mashing.
You can substitute brown sugar if you prefer.